how do u teach ur children about God?

memorization, everyday faith, reading, singing ect???

for those who believe in Jesus Christ as their personal savior

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 9:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• By living our life. We bless the food when we eat....we pray together...God comes up naturally in our conversation...My children ask questions....I ask them questions about what they think....we light candles when we pray sometimes....we go to church and worship sometimes...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• RIght now we're not in church, but I use books and stories, and say prayers every night.
    I bring up and mention/incorporate God in daily conversations, too.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 10:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• we just do,, not in a certain way... i guess by praying, bible,, church
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• by reading them their childrens bible, having daily family prayer, and by trying to set the best example we can
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I take my kids to church and get them involved in study groups.I also talk to them about God.We listen to a contemporary christian radio station.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• she watches Veggie Tales and goes to a Sunday school class for her age...but i doubt she really knows much about God, shes only 2. and i dont really actively teach her anything either.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• He's not even three yet, so I'm not pushing it, although he loves Veggie Tales. As he gets older I'll find ways to bring up the subject, but I'm wanting him to develop interest on his own, to open up the way of communication for it. Until he's older - old enough to sit down and really explain things to - I'm wanting to keep it simple. I do plan on educating him on all of the different religions (or all that I'm able to) in order to present him with all of his options and all the different ways of thinking/believing so that he may best find what resonates with him. I just don't want to overload him too soon, so that's why I'm not going to really get into it until he's older.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• when they were younger I would read a devotional and ask questions about what they think. They are teens and choosing their own way... of course I am praying for them :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I tell them stories from the bible and encourage them to read it themselves.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My son is only 2, so it is difficult to teach him very much about God. I teach him by living my life in a Christlike manner and teaching him the same values. I also take him to church where he learns about Christ through music and stories.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2010