Is your cat acting extra needy?

My cat has become so whiny and needy ever since I got pregnant. She follows me around and meows all the time. I plan with her and I pet her and show her as much attention as I can- but she just whines all the time.
Anyway else notice their cats acting differently? Maybe she can smell my pheremones?
How will she react to the baby?
I am a single mom and do not want to get rid of her- I have had her for 10 years.

charm52

Asked by charm52 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She has sympathy attention for you! She cares, loves you and will love your Baby too! All my cats I ever had were Great with my DD's!!! It was great.. My cat knows I'm getting a migraine before I do.. She got ill when I got Cancer and so cares.. They're great care-ers. You're lucky to have her. Best of luck with everything..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• im in the same situation! i have 2 cats, one is almost 10 and the other will be 9 on my due date and this is my first baby.
    they have been completely annoying lately. crying all night (and they are siamese, so theyre really obnoxious) and thinking they need more food than they do. needing pets and cuddles and extra love...
    my friend told me the cats can tell somethings up. they can smell pheromones. with them being my first babies (it was just the 3 of us for years), and having them so long, i feel kind of bad for them. theyre going to have to deal with a major change.
    your kitty just knows youre going to be a mama and therefore too busy to pamper her like she should be pampered. she just wants to take advantage of the time shes got left. i bet shell be really protective of baby when he/she comes home.
    good luck!
    imspikesmom

Answer by imspikesmom at 10:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010