senior in high school dd wasnt asked to homecoming...she is very sad,,what to do?

This wasnt an issue, last month, last week, heck, yesterday. She wasnt interested in going, but tonight with it looming on the horizon for tomorrow night, she expressed being sad about not being asked to it. None of her friends are going either, so the girls werent even interested in a group going. I dont know what to do. I feel terrible for her right now. What can I do tomorrow night for her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Lol early Christmas shopping should sound good to any girl! Just make it good quality time with you and I'm sure she will appreciate it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Have a sleep over or a special outing with the girls who aren't going. Here are plenty of things to do other than home coming.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Does she happen to have any cute guy friends that she could maybe ask to go with her? I wasn't invited to the prom and took a older cousin on mine from out of town. He hadn't a chance to go to his own prom and was more excited than I was!
    people still talk about that cute guy I went to the prom with!
    so many girls were jealous.

But if she is going to skip the dance all together, how about a game night, or a movie night where she gets to pick.
    I used to think that I would never get to have the kind of fun that others did, dances and all.
    but I made up for it when I was in my 20s- a little too much perhaps.

it's important for her to know that there will be chances for fun like that.

Anonymous

• Honestly nothing you can do will make her feel better. I had the same problem. We had a foreign exchange student my Senior year, she got asked to Homecomming and I didn't. I was devastated. Nothing my mom did took away the pain BUT, it was wonderful that I could share that pain with her and cry on her shoulder. Just be there for her. Maybe let her have her friends over for the night, rent movies, get tons of junk food for the girls.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Smile and say you don't need a boy/man anyway. Life can be simpler w/o them.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Awww, that breaks my heart:( I have a daughter that is a senior in high school too. Their homecoming was a few weeks back and most of the kids that go don't have real dates, only those that are going out with someone. Basically my daughter and all her friends, guys and girls, went together as a big group, some were couples but most were single and they had a great time. I guess it is too late to have her try and talk all her friends into going. Maybe let her have a small party at your house, or maybe take her out to dinner and go shopping, get manicures or something that she would like to do.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Treat her to something special for her and her friends.....but this and many other heart breaks to come all you can do is stand by and pick up those pieces.

Answer by older at 9:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Thanks ladies, Im so glad I shared this with my cm friends. Dd just came downstairs and I asked her if we could go out tomorrow night after I get off work. She wants to go to a Wal-Mart super center. She is going to look it up on-line cause I have no idea where one is. I told her we can start our Christmas shopping...she got really excited about that. I needed some strength and you ladies where there for me,,thank you,,,
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have one daughter who went with her boyfriend but my younger daughter went with a group of her girl friends and they had a blast. I would also encourage your daughter not to be waiting around for some guy. Give her the knowledge and strength to ask someone if she's interested in them or even if they're just a boy friend and to know that she doesn't need to have a guy around to do things.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• for a homecoming tell her to fly solo she could have a ton of fun i know that i had an amazin time just hanging out w friends and danceing with every one at homecoming vis only having my date to dance with and if she does'nt like it she can leave
    myraclemommy

Answer by myraclemommy at 3:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010