Money?

My husband is the only one working at the moment.. i am on bedrest and cant work.. I am a very private person.. I dont like for my (our) business to be EVERYONE'S business.. but he cant seem to shut his mouth.. I know we are running low on money.. but i dont want EVERYONE to know it.. we had to buy a few things tonight and OF COURSE in the middle of checking out (with my parents right there) he says.. well there goes half of my paycheck.. (not even close) he does this in front og everyone though.. family.. friends.. strangers.. and it doesnt even have to be when spending money.. the biggest thing to me is .. i have asked him to stop numerous times and he doesnt. i cant stand it. its embarrassing when he says things like that or like.. we dont have the money to do this (in front of EVERYONE) and it also really ticks me off when he spends like 20 a week on lotto and more on cigs and redbulls ect. when he wants it.. its ok??

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Ha Ha...You may decide that you either like this answer..Or, hate it....But, here's an idea...Instead of getting mad at him......Why not get even????..........The next time he is in the store and he is buying Lotto tickets, Beer, or Cigarettes....Why not say something along the lines of....."Well, there goes the LIVER"....Or, "The lungs".......Or better yet when he spends the money on Lotto tickets say....."Well, there goes the money for RENT"...............lololololololololol................Ah, just a thought?.......Better to get even, than to get mad!!!.....Good luck!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• He shouldn't be smoking at all, for his health, yours and baby's. Smoking can cause SIDS and respitory problems and low birth weight. Furthermore, if you've asked him to stop numerous times then there probably isn't much more you can do. See if maybe you can take some $ out of his or your 401K if you REALLY need more $. Other than that I don't know what else other than selling some items.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• There is a such thing as overreacting. This is it. You might actually have some money if he cut back on his cigarettes, etc. Tell him if he doesn't want to stop making remarks in public for everyone to hear, that you can start commenting on how much he is spending on cigarettes and other things, when he says his remark again. He just needs to be put in his place. Maybe he doesn't realize how many people are staring when he says that. Maybe an embarrassment in public for him will teach him to keep his mouth shut.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If you are on bed rest, how can you go out and shop?? That is my first question. The second thing is, maybe he does feel that way. Maybe you should take into account how he is feeling about being the only one working. Now, I am not saying he is correct, but we all say things like that all the time. Also, maybe it's time you both sat down and figured up a budget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I went to the store after I reached a safe zone.. the doc said i can make a trip here and there for short periods of time when i feel up to it. though i feel up to it all the time (after 3 1/2 months of bedrest a nice new scene is refreshing...) i dont havent went but once.. which was that trip.. and I am still not able to go back to work bc i am on strict bedrest.. with a few window opening to breathe is what she called it. and I know it is difficult for him and i dont ask him to buy anything we dont need but regardless of how he feels he should repspect me by not letting our business be known to the whole world.. and also.. if he does feel that way. wouldnt he rather be a MAN about it and say yea i do have to do this.. so i am not going to blow our money on things we do not need so when its time to buy necessities he wont have to stress about money?
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010