How do you deal with a bully?

kids_r_gr8

Asked by kids_r_gr8 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wish I could help you but not real sure. Hope some one can help you out.
    beautyoperator

Answer by beautyoperator at 10:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• these days I say video tape them.
    back in the day, the only thing that I ever tried that worked was after several times of being teased the bully (I'm being nice here) brought around a group of kids to show everyone how tough he was.
    So I told him in front of everyone that I knew his secret! that he wet the bed!
    I figured it was a safe bet, what kid hasn't done that?
    he got a scared look, tried to deny it, then I went on to tell him that our mothers knew each other and that my mom was nurse, so his mother wanted my mom's advice on his terrible problem!

kept the kids away from me for the rest of the year.

wish I knew a better way but I don't.
    Anonymous

• I haven't a clue! Now a days bullies are so different! I had a few harassing a girl in front of my house and oh my goodness calling her terrible names... from across the street. Well that doesn't in front of my house... so I told him to watch his mouth! People told me that was the wrong thing to do because now they might come after me and do things to my house... but how could I not say anything when he was doing wrong in front of me! He couldn't of been much older than 12 or 13. He started talking smack to me! Then my husband got involved and flew off the porch and scared the kid from across the street... it was humorous watching him cower... but I haven't a clue if someday there might be repercussions. I just have to know standing up for yourself and others is right. Without violence. Every situation is different. :(
    MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 11:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You can try these things I guess...

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-School-Bullies

I have never been in that position with any of my children...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 11:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Bullies are cowards turned inside out. They need an audience to perform, but catch them alone & that changes, believe me. when confronted one on one they sing a whole different song. They feed on fear & intimidation, so never allow them to see that fear or that they intimidate you, because once they do they're relentless. I was once bullied in the 9th grade by a girl who was new. I'm a small woman, not over 5ft. one day I'd had enough & called her out in the hallway at lunch. Punched her right in the mouth when she was talking crap to me. she was so shocked that i did that, that she never bothered me again. I on the other hand, got detention for a week, then grounded when my parents found out. however, that was back in the early 70's, & things have changed drastically since then. If my child were being bullied in school, I'd seek the help of the principle or student counselor. schools now have zero tolerance policies.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 7:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Get hard evidence to prove the bullying and insist the superintendent do something about it. If they won't, don't, or can't, get their boss. Keep going until someone is able to rid them of the bully.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010