Advice please

should i stay with my husband and be misrable to make my kids happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Are your kids happy?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• why in the world would your kids be happy with a miserable mom? god knows I wasn't!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think this can go either way, and I too am in a simialr situation except Im not married to my babys father yet. I am staying with him because he is a good father, he provides a financially secure environment for us, and we are content.... not over the top happy but content. It may not be the best advice but for us its working okay. Good luck :)
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 11:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Unless he is beating you, I think you would be better off to stay. Other marital problems can be solved, and you won't leave your children a legacy of a broken home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Sometimes you don't have a choice in the matter! I myself have no job. I have a very sick son and I think DH is cheating on me.
    I'm still here in this marriage. If you can stand up on your own two feet and take care of you and the kids and you are totally sure your marriage can not be saved. I would get out!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Never stay with someone for any other reason then you wanting to be with them. The relationship is about you and him, not you, him and the world. Even kids aren't a factor in a relationship. They are merely the bi-product of that relationship. Don't get me wrong, it's never easy to hurt a child when you choose to leave the other parent. However, you have to do what's right for you as well. Staying miserable in a relationship won't allow you anything. Infact it'll only make everyone around you suffer as well.

And not having a job, not having a place to go is NO EXCUSE. There are ALWAYS options out there. ALWAYS.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If counseling or talking through your problems isn't helping... and you felt you have done all you could... no... you being miserable will not make your kids happy. Kids pay attention more than we know. They more than likely know what's going on and I am sure they would want you to be happy.
    MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 11:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• The real question here is, what's making you miserable? Is it your husband or maybe a little of everything? Until you know why you are miserable, you need to find out what's causing you to feel this way.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I agree with Nanny B! "Unless he is beating you, I think you would be better off to stay. Other marital problems can be solved, and you won't leave your children a legacy of a broken home."
    However, I also think that cheating is reason to leave. At the least it is a betrayal. At the worst it could be deadly these days. Even the Bible allows for divorce with infidelity!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2010