What can I do to keep my dog from jupping every time I walk by her?

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pets

• Ignore her. Caesar Milan explained it on one of his shows. If you give them attention, even telling them no, stop, or pushing them down, it's still attention to them. If you ignore them, they will come to realize hey, i'm not getting a reaction. Had to do this with my own dog. She'd act like a nut job when I came home from work or shopping. After about a week, no more! Good luck =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'd like to know too, so here's a bump for you.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Ignore her when she jumps. Cross your arms on your chest and turn away from her. If she isn't getting attention she will stop!

jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I agree! This really does work. I also saw it on Its Me Or The Dog.
    luvmydoggies

Answer by luvmydoggies at 11:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• When she jumps up you put her down and say "No" in a firm manner. This won't change her habbits overnight, but doing it repeatedly will show her that she's doing something wrong. If you cage train her then put her in her cage with the door shut if she does it multiple times after you've first told her "No". This is what I do with my five month old Puggle. She gets time outs in her cage if she doesn't obey a command after the second time. I'm leanent with her, because she's still a baby, but if she does continue throughout the day to disobey she only gets one or sometimes no warnings. I treat her just as I do the children, although the children don't get two warnings. They only get one. My puppy seems to respond to it. She gets really hyper and jumps around like an acrobat sometimes, so it's really hard to calm her when she gets like that. But the cage trick really does work if "No" doesn't.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You can also try the dominating trick if you really have to. Which after a few times of her jumping up right after you walk in .. Force her (Don't harm her, but guide her) to the ground and say "No". That's only if the situation really calls for it, which with most dogs it really doesn't. Unless you have a hyper little .. Dog like mine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thank all of yall. she is a very hyper pittbull.
    K3lly94

Comment by K3lly94 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2010