I want to look older..

I am 20 years old. Everyone thinks I'm 15 - 16. It drives me crazy. I dont want to hear things like "Dont try and look older" or "Be lucky you look young" I really want some advice on how to look at least a couple years older. Even if people think Im 18 - thats better than 16. I am short- now that I have a baby I cant walk more than an hour in heels lol. And I have a roung baby face. If anyone has any advice on how to look more my age Id really appreciate it. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Start dressing older. You don't have to dress like your mother but start shopping for more mature outfits. I think that is the easiest way to make yourself look more mature.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• you gotta get the right of passage mom hair cut (shoulder length or shorter with layers) it will also help so the face isnt so round. If you wear make up go with neutrals and NO glitter or shimmer. I would also say graphic tees make everyone look younger as well as clothes that are not modest. Heels wont necessarily make you look older. Try some classy ballet flats. I say as we get older we learn less is more (when i was in middle school i wanted to look older so i wore gold eye shadow with glod eyeliner, i looked ridiculous lol) I would say that is your key to looking older. Less is more
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I totally agree with humaniterian87. A bob haircut is stylish, and it will elongate the face.
    AndreaDawn1984

Answer by AndreaDawn1984 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• im the same way people tell me i look younger bt then say they belive my age cause of how i act i get told i look 17 but im 22 .. try just like ligh make up and i pull my hair back in to one of those clips ... i wont ever cut my long hair lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• try a new haircut, and a new outfit
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Do you wear any make up at all?? Sometimes that has something to do with it. If you would like to try a new look visit my virtual makeover on my website. If you want to try the actual look, let me know and I can send samples to you. Hope this helps. www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 10:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• you shoudl try wearing a little more makeup and a little more older clothes, like low cut stuff and you know lol
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My hair is shoulder length with layers, I wear a little makeup in neutral colors, and I dont wear graphic tees or anything like that.... none of it works for me lol.
    Anonymous

• I would try dressing conservatively, but nice/polished. Do you ever watch "What Not to Wear"? They have some good advice on that show for younger people too.

I also agree about the hair.

I was in the same boat as you once! I have a round baby-face as well. And I married a man 7 years older than me, so I ALWAYS felt like others not only thought I was younger, but TREATED me that way too.

I'm not sure what else you could do aside from what all has been mentioned, except to just act mature. It IS super-frustrating at your age, but someday you will love it. (if people still think you look younger when you're my age! -- 40)
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 11:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Do you wear make up?

Alot of people think I'm my son's older sister. He's 13 and I'm 34.

People think he looks 17 and think i'm in my mid 20s. I'm blessed by that. I don't mind at all.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008