is this tacky?

Our 2 existing kids are Blake and Molly. We are TTC and both are feeling only girl vibes, no instincts on having another son. So boy names aren't coming up in any conversations whatsoever. My name is Jen and hubby is Nic (Nick but since he was 5 he couldn't write a K so eventually his teacher gave up, lol! Now 30 years later he can write just fine but the alternative spelling stuck) Anyways w/ Blake & Molly we lean towards easy to spell, easy to pronounce sort of classic and slightly old school and not trendy names. I came up in my brain the name Jennica for a girl (maybe spelling Jenica ... not sure) as combining Jen+Nic and after some Googling it sent me to babynames.com and I learned it's a real true existing name. Is it lame, cheesy, tacky, weird? Blake Molly & Jennica?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Baby Names

• How is a name tacky??? I think it's a beautiful name. I used to work with a girl named Jenica!
    zeppelynn

Answer by zeppelynn at 11:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• As long as you and your husband agree on the name, I see no problem with it. I wouldn't call it tacky, but rather unique.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I like it...it's different without being weird! ;)
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Tacky, no. Different, yes. Doesn't fit with the other 2 names at all IMO. But, it's your child, you need to go with what you like, what you want, not what other people say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If you like it, that is all that matters.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 12:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it's a nice name, but I don't think it matches your other children's names though.

MamaC24210

Answer by MamaC24210 at 6:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My friends daughters name is Jennica. Mom couldn't decide between Jennifer and Jessica so she combined them. I like the name, it just doesn't go with the other 2. How about Jenna?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it's really very silly when parents mix their names to come up with a baby name and then come up with something odd sounding and odd looking and use it any way. In your case, it's not odd sounding OR odd looking - it's very nice. Because it's very nice, i see no reason not to use it!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• to me its a little tacky,
    but i cant talk my name is dan+(e stands for and) ka(t is missing) daneka
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i dont think its tacky at all :) i have a friend name janice. she pronounces it jah nee see but another friend name janice pronounced exactly how written.. if you like the name why do you care what others think? i think its a lovely name. and my names charo.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010