Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

how does one leave a spouse without money nor ability to have a job

I NEED to leave my husband before things get worse, but how do I go about it, I have no money and I can't get a job because of health reasons that he seems to see as just an excuse even with proper proof that it is not. I can't take this anymore I need out, if not for me at least for my children.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I'll bump you, it's a good question. I hope you get your answer.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • Is there a women's shelter near you? Start there. Do you have family or friends that could help you?

    Answer by NHGal at 11:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • You don't explain why you need out so badly. Do you have friends, family to turn to? Do you have a church that you can go to for assistance? If not, if you are in fear or being abused, seek out a shelter.

    Answer by carol2m2 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • If this is an abusive situation, call a women's shelter and they can advise you...Look into social security disability....

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • most woman's shelters can help you in setting up a plan to leave and how to support yourself once you've left good luck

    Answer by cara124 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • Womans shelters is pretty much the only real option. If he is physically harming you there is also the police. Safety first then worry about the money issues. If you are leavening make sure you have put all of your ID (birth cert, drivers licesnse things like that) somewhere safe like sending them to a PO box.

    Answer by seturkey at 6:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010