how can i get my two month old to go to sleep with out crying for an hour

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rock a bye baby...feed, swaddle, hold, cuddle, a 2 month old can not put them self to sleep yet
    Anonymous

• my son is two months old. i had this problem at the beginning and then i got a swaddle blanket and it works wonders. now he falls a sleep no problem. good luck with what ever you try.
    ashley451985

Answer by ashley451985 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Have you tried rocking her? Singing? Why is she crying for that long? At two months old, mine always nursed to sleep. If you have more info that would be helpful!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Hold him until he falls asleep. He's too little to "sleep train".
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Have you heard of "Happiest Baby on the Block"? It saved us a lot of grief. http://www.babyslumber.com/happiestbaby.html Check out the 5 S's in the first link and a demonstration by the auther (Dr. Harvey Karp) in the next link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddRkI5wVIqQ 

At 2 months old, your baby's cries need to be tended to immediately. Crying is how they communicate and tell us something is wrong. Normally, they cry when hungry, in pain (gassy), uncomfortable (hot or cold, position they are in), needs changing (wet/poopy), or even wanting to be held. When you meet your baby's needs immediately, they learn to trust and bond. It will get easier, I promise. The first few months are the hardest, but you are going to make it! Take care and hope this helps. :) 

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Just wanted to add that your baby doesn't have the ability to self-soothe yet. Crying for more than a few minutes can wind them up too much to calm down on their own. You have to be there to calm them down. It gets better....
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• if you using power formula for sleeping time use that in the daytime i give my baby when she was 2mths now she 6mths is that liquid formula i use emfmail its heavy for her to settle her tummy through the night and while feeding her swaddle her maybe she could be hot maybe while feeding her humm sing they comfort to that
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 2:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• At 2 months old, I still rocked my son to sleep. He was also swaddled.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I was rocking at 2 months old, there was no hoping she would fall asleep on her own in her bed at that time!! Rock and cuddle them to sleep because before you know it they'll be all grown up!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 4:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• swaddling can be really helpful .I never swaddled my daughter...but did so with my son for a while. I rocked him a lttle,gave hima bottle ...mad esure he was cozy and off to sleep he went AFTER THE BOTTLE...but to sleep. Make sure you don't get the baby to use to the rocking and walking around or like my daughter....she will not go to bed on her own! my son I made sure he napped and slept on his own...but with my first i could not leave her. Now she sleeps pretty well at 4,but still wants me a lot. My son almost 18 months sleeps thru the night since about 9 months old.
    Good Luck it's not easy I know.
    Gracie06

Answer by Gracie06 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010