Lost my motivation to run!

Last year about 3 months before school let out I started running, I stopped when the kids went on summer vacation. I'm trying to get started again and I just can't seem to get motivated. What should I do? How do I get myself going again? I felt so good when I was running, I ran 4 miles, now I can only go 2! Help......Please!

mcme

Asked by mcme at 11:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Look at pictures of "perfect" women. i also tend to stand in the mirror and look at all the things i want to get rid of and that motivates me- that and picturing my body the way it use to be or how it will look when i get where i want. the hardest part is beginning to go... starting... after a week or two its no longer a chore but something you like to do :) good luck!
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• look for local 5k/10ks, sign up, and start training-that motivated me;-p!!
    8sweetpea

Answer by 8sweetpea at 8:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Find a running partner, if possible. That and keeping in shape for my soccer games has helped me stay somewhat motivated.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2010