• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone been diagnosed with GD (gestational diabetes)?

If so do you find it very hard to eat?
The counting carbs is very hard when EVERYTHING had a Carb in it?

Anyone want to share there meal menus would be great.

tambam75

Asked by tambam75 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it. i was diagnosed at 16 weeks along. Its only hard foe a couple weeks, then your used to it and it isnt so bad. I dont want to list an entire menu in here but feel free to message me with any questions about it.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• breakfast - whole wheat waffles are about 26g of carbs for 2. add butter and there ya go!
    morning snack - granola bar 17g of carbs and sugar free jello.
    lunch - usually a peanut butter sandwich with an apple or crackers. just check your bread for carbs.
    mid afternoon snack - wheat ritz crackers, small apple, and cottage cheese.
    dinner - whatever me and the hubby decide on.
    snack - sugar free chocolate pudding. i know i'm supposed to eat a protein here BUT my blood sugar is always low in the morning so I splurge every now and then.

if you have any more questions, please add me as a friend! i am trying to help out all of those ladies that I can with GD. good luck!!
    rachealbyrd

Answer by rachealbyrd at 1:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2010