9lbs 15 oz

when I went to the dr today they said that if my little girl keeps growing like she is she is gunna be 9lbs 15oz haha I dont think so because I am so small

Sexyfox09

Asked by Sexyfox09 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Being small doesn't mean you can't have a large baby. My friend is a size six and had three 10 lb babies. I'm big and had little babies. Sometimes they are wrong, but I know plenty of people who were told that same thing would happen and it did.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• well, on the plus side, at least they are estimating now, instead of when you have been in labor for 3 weeks,,,lol,,,honestly though, if its your first and if you are too small, at least they can evaluate and make a recommendation if they think you need a c-section. Nothing worse then going through intense labor, only to end up with a c-section in the end. Good luck. My first was 8.6 my second was 9.15.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• They are often off by quite a bit.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• They are only guessing and it is not very accurate! They thought my second would be 9 lbs, he was 8. They thought my third would be 7lbs, because I was small, and he was 8lbs 11oz. Don't worry about it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My first two boys were well over 10lbs and I am petite and small framed and had them naturally. I am also pregnant with my 3rd boy and at 38 weeks and they are measuring him already at approximately 9lbs. 7oz.. Another 10lb. baby most likely. Your size has nothing to with what size baby you will have.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• A friend of mine is so tiny and both of her babies were over 10lbs each.
    I was told my 1st child was going to be over 8lbs, she was only 6lbs 10oz.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'm small too and my last baby was nine pounds .six ounces.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Do you mean you are small, or do you mean you are measuring small? I measured 3-4 weeks behind with my first baby and he was born 2 weeks early weighing 7 lbs 8 oz and 21 in. So, I was measuring only 35 weeks and he was average sized. My last baby was over 9 lbs and 22 in. I'm normally 107 lbs. I also have a friend who is 5'2", 105 lbs who has 10 lb babys, she doesn't measure small. But another friend of mine who is also very skinny (buy 5'7") is SOOO tiny when she is pregnant she looks like she is 5 months pregnant. It's to the point that people worry about her and ask if she is ok. When you look at her you think there is no way there is possibly a baby over 5 lbs in there, all of her 6 babies have been between 8 lbs 2 oz and 9 lbs 4 oz, and early at that. So, while ultrasounds are often wrong, your size has nothing to do with it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have little confidence in those ultrasound weight measurements. Like PPs said, it's possible to have a big baby even if you're small, but I would say DON'T let them talk you into a c-section before you've give it a go, because they're often wrong. GL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• The ultrasounds can be off so much. They told me my son was 10lb 3oz so they needed to induce at 39 weeks. He was 8lb 8oz born at 39 weeks 1 day..And its totally possible for smaller people to have big kiddos. My friend is small and her last kiddo was 10lb 7oz.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2010