My 10 month old still isn't even CLOSE to crawling!

at what point should I be concerned? She's not pulling herself up to walk either...in my "what to expect in the first year" book she's running about right for a 6 mo old....in just about every area- except that she can say "mama" and "dada"

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 11:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since you are asking, you clearly are concerned. I would talk to your ped about it, for reassurance/direction.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My daughter is 10 months and doesn't crawl yet either. But she has a huge head and can't hold it up, lol. All kids develop at different rates, I would just practice with her and see if that helps.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• She may just be a perfectly healthy late bloomer, but talk to your doctor to make sure. And if your doctor thinks it's fine, but you still feel like something's wrong, listen to your intuition and get a second opinion. Doctors don't always catch everything.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It is fine. They all start doing things at different rates and there are some behind the curve. You might mention it to the doctor at your next appointment but I am sure everything is fine.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If she's not crawling by 12 months, you may want talk to your ped about an early intervention evulation. Its no cost to you for the evaluation, and even if she isn't "delayed enough" for services, they will spend about a half an hour with you teaching you things you can do to help her gain the skills. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Some babies just aren't crawlers. Both of mine were not, they just went straight to walking.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 12:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Some babies do not crawl. My son did not walk till 14 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• well my 6mth old crawl all i did is what my cousin say is to put their toy out of reach in front of them when their on there tummys like something they like , like a cat chasing a toy so yea thats what i did now i regret it because she crawls to everything cords paper i mean everything
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 2:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My oldest 2 went from sitting up to walking and it seems my youngest is going to do the same
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 3:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• The beauty in being a baby is...not having to be like others. You can poop yourself and people just change you. Enjoy the other stuff baby is doing. My 7 month old is learning at a slower pace in some areas. As long mom is confident...baby will be too! Best of luck :)
    Ians_Fan

Answer by Ians_Fan at 3:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2010