Anyone else have a problem with urinary incontinence?

Lately I have been having trouble with peeing my pants. It happens when I get jarred suddenly. Like when I trip or try to jump on the trampoline. It also happens when I sneeze, cough, or laugh. (this maybe TMI) It also happens when I get sexually excited and try to "be sexy" and not have my legs together. (hard to explain). It especially happens if I've had a little alcohol. It gets really embarrassing. I am oly 34 years old. I really don't want to wear a diaper. What else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• Omg I have the same problem. I spoke to my OB about it. He says I should do Kegels, and it actually has helped. That's what 3 vaginal births will do to ya!! : ) good luck..and if worse comes to worse...you can look into Vaginal Reconstruction..it helps with the incontinence..
    Anonymous

• Hi there, This is an excellent question. It's something many of us struggle with. Please look for an answer in tomorrow Healthy Living Daily Buzz section. :) K
    Cafe Kristen

Answer by Cafe Kristen at 11:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have the same problem. I had a UTI that I didn't know about and went undiagnosed for a year that caused my stress incontinence. I took some serious antibiotics and it cleared up finally and it's alot better. I guess the first thing I would do is ask your dr to check to make sure you don't have a UTI that you don't know about. I know I was shocked when I found out I had one and didn't even know it.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 7:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'm thinking of creating a group about this issue. It will be a couple days probably to start, but look for it soon. I felt better when I heard Gold Medalists Mary Lou Retton and Bonnie Blair had this issue. WebMd has great information, but talk to your doctor. In the mean time, kegel, kegel, it may give you some relief.
    erin2well

Answer by erin2well at 4:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I just had a surgical procedure and not happy about being left with this problem. I can wear pads but I worry about what to do during sex! SO is a clean freak and might not appreciate me peeing on him! I'm wondering if women could wear the male pads. That way it would cover the front where the leak is and SO would still have access to where he needs to go. I think it will unless the pad goes back too far. This is just another challenge in life but I have to figure something out. I'm not going to have pee running down my leg during sex!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:04 PM on May. 23, 2010