Military and USAF child support?

I applied for child support recently and was told by cs that they were having a hard time serving the father summons and compliant letter bc he is on base-they would have to go to his commander and that takes awhile-if he cooperates. Does the military protect thier servicemen from cs and really that difficult of a process? My other question is my child father is married he plans on not telling his wife about our child ( we are not together nor on speaking terms) she lives overseas while he station in California, can she and how will she find out? they do not share income. I would like health benefits for my child is there anything eles my child entitled too. just curious 1st time mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Base access is difficult to anyone that does not have a military id I am guess that is why they are having a hard time serving him. They certainly do not protect those in the military they actually make sure that child support is paid out. They are not going to inform his wife but she might see that he is having money taken out of his paycheck by looking at his LES. Your little one would be entitled to medical through Tricare.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• From what I have seen of the military they usually are hard core about making SURE that child support is paid!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010