It just looks wrong to me when toddlers are running around in public sucking on pacifiers. Is it all in my head?

I don't know exactly why, if I'm just being retarded, or if there really is something not right about it. I don't have any kids that age yet. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is not right as far as I am concerned but you know what is worse?...When a mother is pushing a stroller with a child who's feet is touching the ground and they look like they a swished up in the darn thing. What are they thinking?
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i think it looks ridiculous when toddlers have them...if they are old enuff to be running around by themselves, then they should not have one!!! i PERSONALLY dont think kids should have them past 1 yr...but..with that being said, i know there are certain reasons why some kids have them longer..which is why i dont judge..but if there is no "real" reason for a child to have one, then i dont think they should..and "because they like it" is NOT a real reason..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• we never had to deal with that...thank goodness...but it doesn't really bother me...I don't know their situation...I've had to deal with a lot of crap since having my second and I will never again say "My kid won't do that!" b/c you never know!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My 1-year-old only has his to sleep with, I never give it to him other times. I just think he can use his mouth for learning to talk and smile when he's playing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes it does. No reason for any kid to have pacifier if they are happy. My son stop taking one at 10 months. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i never gave my daughter a pacifier.. after the first few months (3 tops and even then she only got it occassionally) i think cant stand to see toddlers.. children with one... or a diaper on at the age of 5 or older.. come on now.? work with the kids to TEACH them!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• really diaper more like 3/4 older i was just being generous.. my daughter is 2 but she caught on to potty training fast... 3 should be the latest. i think
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think its wrong also you are not alone here... half of mine never took one, the few that did , lost interest around 4 months
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 1:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I agree, My oldest had one. He had it until he was one and a half, and even that was a long time. But we were going through a lot and I let him keep it at naps and bed time. But 2 and 3 and4 year olds.. icky..
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Toddlers are one thing. School age, like Kindergarten, that would seem odd to me.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2010