If someone approaches you and asks you for money, do you give them money?

There was this guy at the park today, he came over to me and asked me for some money, he was so scary looking, such is how homeless people look sometimes, I turned him down and feel so bad for it. Would you have reached into your purse to give him money? And no,,I dont believe this should be in just for fun,,just wasnt sure where to put it, but wanted your honest feed back. I was at work by the way, in my commercial vehicle

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If i have the money i would give them a few bucks...i have done it many times and you know what it makes me feel good...i feel like i did something for someone...i have even gone and bought a person food if i only have my bank cards...it does not take much time and i believe the feed the hungry...my mother always told you to try to never turn anyone down when they are in need YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT'S GOD THE ONE ASKING FOR HELP AND TESTING YOU...so i live by this...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No. Sometimes I'll go buy some food and bring it back to them, but I don't like giving out money because I don't want it spent on booze or drugs.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 12:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No and honestly that's because I rarely carry cash on me.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• "sorry im broke"
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• they wrote a story in the paper down here about a woman who was pan handler and made more money then my hubby did
    over $85,000yr when you make that much money you don't need the cash i would rather give my money to some one who needs it then some who calls it their job
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I keep a few $5 gift cards from McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King in my purse for just those times, because I don't want to give them cash, but I want to make sure they get something to eat.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• NO
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I HAVE given certain people money, a dollar or so before. BUT til I found this one guy and girl work together...this parking lot at the shopping center is in a "V" shape and they claim their car is "way over there", out of gas. This one guy whom had approached me 4 times before in TWO weeks, came up to my car..same story and I said,"Look. Ive been watching you and I KNOW your car is not out of gas and as a matter of fact, its right there.. a brand new car, I NEED gas....Im not giving you money again, so remember me and go tell her...not to ask me. Sorry but YOUR car is WAY nicer than mine! Can we trade?! Dont be mad at me, Im not trying to be pissy but look what YOU drive and you ask ME for money?

NEVER take your eyes off them......that second you look down into or for your purse...they can have the advantage.......

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I do, if i have it... you should try not to feel bad. it was just a choice you made, you must've felt at the time it was the right one....
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• @dmbutler (that's a pretty awesome idea).

We normally sometimes ask what they need it for and then if they reject us trying to buy what they need, then we don't give them the money, because then that normally means it's really for drugs or alcohol and not food or something.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010