Could my water have broke? adult content

I went to take a shower and I leaked a lot of fluid that was clear. Then after the shower I leaked a little bit more. The fluid is clear and has no smell. So did my water break or whats going on? I have no pains and I am 38 weeks pregnant

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES! there is no pain at first at all.
    if you continue to leak then it is definately your water! pack up your bags and go to the hospital! GGOOD LUCK and congrats!!!!!!!!
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I would say probably. Call the hospital and let them know they will have you come in and they can tell you for sure.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It's possible, but your water won't typically break until you're in active labor. You can go into L&D and they can confirm whether it is amniotic fluid or not, but really I would wait it out for a little while. If you don't start contracting within 24 hours and are still leaking fluid, go in anyway. You might need antibiotics to ward off infection at that point. Good luck!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Does it still continue to leak?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If your still leaking fluid.. like the other parents have said go to the hospital they can use a paper test to find out for you quick and painless.but if you have stopped leaking its highly possiable that the baby may have been sitting on the bladder and forcing the urine to escape. Bladders become weak while pregnant.
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 2:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If it keeps coming out, then yes, your water broke. It's easiest to tell if you can put a pad on.

The biggest difference between your water breaking and leaking urine is that the amniotic fluid keeps coming out, it doesn't stop.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• yup could be because its not always a gush your bag could crack and cause it to trickle out good luck!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010