i have been married for 8yrs and i have ever felt good enough for him. He never compliments me or tells me he is proud.Istead he only says negative things. What do i do?

How can i get him to respect me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Tell him how his comments make you feel. If he wont stop with the verbal abuse, then seek counseling, even if you have to go on your own.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Well i'm kinda going through the same thing and i say talking to your spouse might help, thats what i have to do in order for him to get where your coming from
    ericka1

Answer by ericka1 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• omg, are you married to my husband?
    mine does it to. first off, does he know he does this? mine will never say nice things but he does the most amazing htings sometimes. he fusses about the house then comes home with a bag of my favorite chocolates...stuff like that.
    men are dense. tell him you need to hear nice things sometimes. and if htat doesn't work, give back a bit of his own. what's good for the gander is good for the goose. don't let him make you feel bad about yourself. he comes home to you everyday. there's got to be something about you he likes right?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2008