Does your child have a TV in his/her bedroom?

If so, how old are they? Do you have rules for viewing and a certain time to turn it off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My mom put a TV in my room when I was probably six years old. I didn't have cable or even a set of rabbit ears on it until I was ten, though. I didn't really have any restrictions on it...I dunno, whatever. I turned out okay, I'm not violent or stupid or anything =] Then again, TV was a lot different ten years ago compared to how it is today! So maybe tighter restrictions would be a good idea nowadays.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My teenage boys have a TV in their room, but no access to cable, so they have to depend on the stupid rabbit ears. Now, they just got a converter box, so it comes in better, but the same channels....LOL!
    Not much on "regular TV", but they can watch something, like American Idol, in bed at night. It has to be off by 10:00 though, and they follow rules pretty good (thankfully!)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 10:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• both my 2 and 4 year old kids have a tv and dvd in their rooms. I don't really have to set a time that they can watch it becuae they only want to watch it at night when they go to bed.
    Anonymous

• there are tv's in both my children's rooms they are age 10 and 12. they have always had them in their rooms. they watch them at night to help to go to sleep. i usualy go in before i go to bed and shut them off. i don't know if it is the noise or just the light that helps them but they have trouble falling to sleep if it is not on.
    Carolynpritts

Answer by Carolynpritts at 11:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• um, yeah my son has a tv with cable and a ps2 in his room. We are trying to get him a flat screen so we can mount in onto a wall for christmas.

We don't put any restrictions on what time he can watch tv or not. He ussally just watches movies anyways
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• No my daughter doesnt have a tv in her room, but I am not objecting to it either...there is just not enough room in her room to fit it in there. She is 4.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes. My girls have 1 in their room and my son has 1 in his. I don't really have ne restrictions (unless they're on punishment and they don't get it at all) because we set the sleep timer (GREAT INVENTION lol) and usually they fall asleep before the tv goes off anyways lol
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My SS has a large TV in his room. He is four and we don't restrict. It is not hooked to an antennae or cable. We just have his V-Smile and DVD player on it. Since we only give him learning DVD's and V-Smile is a learning tool we actually encourage it.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• yes my 2 yr old has a tv in his room.... he watches it b4 bed... i used to have the tv on all night at in my room when he was in there and he gets fussy when i turn it off... it is really just a night light after his movie is over...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• No. We dont even own a tv..if we watch anything we get it online from the tv channels.

We dont watch it.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2008