Im afraid, what can this be?? grandmother died of breat cancer.....

My Grandmother died from breast cancer almost 8 yrs ago, she was 82. This morning I woke up with a very uncomfortable pain in my R-breast. It feels like when you are engorged (spelling?) and the only was to relieve the pain is with a hot pack. My insurance will not be active until Nov 1st, I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them..thanks in advance : )

MCD3

Asked by MCD3 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• I've had a similar feeling when my time of the month comes around but it would usually be in both breasts. I'm assuming you aren't breast feeding right now. It's really hard to say what could be going on but at least you don't have too long until your insurance is active. Sometimes if a muscle is pulled in the chest wall it might feel like breast pain so that's one possiblilty. I know it's hard not to worry but try not to stress too much...it's probably something that's easily remedied.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 2:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2008