IS GETTING PREGNANT RIGHT AFTER A MISCARRIAGE IS DANGEROUS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• can be depends on how soon after .. it can cause infection or another miscarriage i had 3 and we were tring to becareful and i still got pregnant again after the last one now im 14 weeks but on bedrest to try to prevent a miscarriage again
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't know if the Medical field considers it dangerous, however, I know my Sister-In-Law has issues which makes it impossible to carry a pregnancy unless she gets pregnant within so many weeks of a miscarriage.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I got pregnant a month after a i had a miscarriage and everything went fine. just had my baby. i guess it depends on your body. everyone is different
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Every person and situation is different. I would speak with your Ob/gyn and they should be able to tell you when you can try and why. Good Luck.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• with mine i was pregnant the next week that is why i have problems and am on bedrest ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree with others, it depends on you, your body and the extreme of your previous m/c. Everything I have read online suggests waiting at least 3 months - more if you need it for emotional healing. That doesn't mean things WILL go wrong if you don't, but your body just needs time as do your emotions. We got pg between 2-3 months. I had some spotting but I also had spotting with my 4th so it probably had nothing to do with the m/c.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It depends on your body. My OB told me it was perfectly fine for me to start TTC again whenever I was ready after my last miscarriage. I am now 7 months pregnant (I got pregnant again right away). So far everything is normal.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:42 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Not really, no. I got pregnant on the very first cycle after a loss, and my son was 8lbs 10ozs, huge and healthy. And that was with very poor nutrition until about 7 months along, and not taking my prenatal vitamins because they made me so sick.
    LizzieyTish

Answer by LizzieyTish at 10:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2008