Please help

What do you do when you are so interested in someone else,but you are married and the person you are interested in you know you will never have a shot with. Even if you did have a shot you would never cheat!How do you get past those feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• Just focus on the man you are with. All his good points. As hard as it can be to forget some eye candy it IS possible. Would you want to lose the man you're with? I certainly had that problem with a customer of mine last year. In the end, I liked looking at this man, but I LOVED my husband and now I don't even give that guy a second glance. He's not for me, my husband is for me...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Go have a romantic night with your husband. You married him for a reason, you knew he was the one. You just need to remind yourself why he was your prince charming.
    Haileysmomma820

Answer by Haileysmomma820 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think it's normal to be attracted to someone else at times. Usually, it's because they provide something you're not getting from your husband. I really liked a guy who flirted with me and told me how good I looked. I had no interest in pursuing it, but it felt good. So....I told my husband. Funny, he started giving me compliments too!
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• REALLY THAT IS SOMETHING YOU JUST GET OVER ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW YOUR STANDARDS IN LIFE.
    sniyah

Answer by sniyah at 11:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I've been in this situation but it ws reversed. There was a friend who was extremely attracted to me (and to be totally honest, I started to cheat, but caught myself before it got any further) even though I had been (and still am) w/ my dh for 5 yrs. at the time. We've been together for 8 now. But I think it's normal to have "curious feelings" about someone else bc I have. And it was my girlfriends boyfriend (her husband now who was the cousin of the guy who was attracted to me) and they were mutual. They weren't "feelings feelings" more along the lines of "I wonder what it would be like if.......".Nothing ever came of it though. And let me be clear, I'm not bragging but being honest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Appreciate the man that you are with and allow the fantasy to remain a healthy fantasy, not something you would actually do...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 12:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• u know what talk to ur hubby and find out if hes ok with you exploreing-not cheating but maybe having this other person while he watches or 3-n-some or if ur hubby would like to find other ways to achieve this without it actually happenin like wigs and role play
    jaces_mom

Answer by jaces_mom at 1:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Keep busy. Through yourself into family, work, friends. Stay away from the person in question. Time is the only thing that helps in matters like these.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2008