living together after breakup

Has anyone lived together after the broke up for financial reasons? My ex wants to do this. We just broke up and I was looking for an apartment and he wants us to live in the house 6mos and me pay the rent so he can pay bills down and get me another car and be in a position to help me financially. He would pay the rest of the bills and I could still save money. We have 3 kids and I am just so upset. Its hard enough. I hope I even make sense cause I am crying....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I would stay as long as their is no abuse. It makes sense to be financially secure before you guys both go different ways.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well, I did this for a couple months with a previous relationship and it literally made me physically ill. He agreed not to bring anyone into our apartment but right after we made the break-up official he began staying out very late or all night sometimes, and of course I had no right at that point to ask where he was or who he was with because we were broken up. I was so pissed and hurt , I wound up fucking his best friend (who I always knew had a thing for me, I never liked him at all) in his bed several times before moving out. I wound up using the guy and moved in with him when our lease was up.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• That is a great offer, I say milk it for as long as possible!!!! I would!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Could I do it with my current husband if we split? no. It would break my heart to see him and not be able to touch him.
    I guess whether or not it's a good choice for you depends on your emotional state. Can you handle it?
    I'm sorry you are going through this by the way. Just remember everything usually works out for the best.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Its to hard emotionally.
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 3:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• yea im living with my bf which i dont like but were working it out and i have a 6mth baby girl which she mine not his he knows that it not his but he treats her like his and he loves her and we both there for her and i have child support and yea its like were together but he knows i dont likke him or be with him so were living together so i dont have live with my grandma and so that my baby have her own rm i sleep in her room so i know how you feel in a way
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 3:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If there is no abuse or anything like that I would stay but I would stay in a different room
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If ti works for both parties, sure! But only if it's a mutual decision, & you respect each others privacy & boundries.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 6:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• OP here:

I have been sleeping in m daughters room. I would be able to save alot by doing this altho I am not sure emotionally how I will do. Typically he works alot so we won't see each other a ton and right now I work 7 days a week. I am not sure I will make it 6mos but will try till Jan or Feb . It gets us through the holidays and 2 of the kids bdays....Its all so hard!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have stayed for financial reasons - there was emotional abuse for many, many years, but after I learned how to control his abuse (learned how to ignore it so that he pretty much has stopped, and what he still does, I can ignore now), I could manage. We stayed together because of our daughter - better for her to have both parents under one roof (we have never had "fights", we are both walk-away fighters!). We are still living this way now - we just bought a house that used to be 2 apartments - we did open the house up to make it into one house, but we each have our own kitchens and laundry rooms, and of course, our own bedrooms ! We have no debt (except the house) and no credit cards. It has worked for us.
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2010