do you keep a journal

if you do, how do you keep others out of it,, i write alot, and my df is snoppy... i tell him if i really did not want you to know something i would not write it down...

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 1:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I keep an online journal at wordpress.com -- I know livejournal gives you the option to write private entries and this way you can't really snoop!
    rachealbyrd

Answer by rachealbyrd at 12:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I do sometimes, during traumatic events. I have one on my phone now I use more often then my old paper one.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes, online. It's also private; open only to certain friends on that site.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 2:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I kept a daily journal as a teen. My parents found it and it ruined their lives. That's what they get for snooping. I didn't start another one until my mid-20's. I think I wrote in it so much I had like 5 volumes going. Anyways, after having child #3 I stopped. They are all in a box in the garage somewhere.
    I wouldn't keep one anymore. I have learned not to put anything (negative) in writing.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I was an avid journal keeper as a child and teen. I have several volumes, starting when I was almost 7 (granted, they're not very "deep" entries at that point in time). I love to look back and laugh at myself and see how much I've grown and changed. Lately, however, keeping a journal has been difficult. It's been hit and miss since I got married a year and half ago. But I want my children to have a record of how I felt about them, and things that affected me (and them) while they were growing up. So, I've started another journal for my son. I don't pressure myself to write everyday, just when I can. I write it specifically to him, telling him the accomplishments and milestones he has achieved. I write on one page, and then the facing page, I print off a couple pictures that go along with what I've written (or not) and tape them in. I wish I had a journal like that for me when I was a baby. Oh well. To each her own.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Thats so awesome Reenieredhead! I keep a journal for my daughter too! I started it the day I found out i was pregnant! And i keep one for myself. I just write when I have time and need to get stuff off my chest in mine and I try to write in my daughters at least 1x a week. And i really don't have to do anything to keep people out of mine. My bf is VERY good at keeping out of my journal. He says that if he needs to worry about anything then it isn't worth worrying about and we both trust each other completely and he understands I need a place to vent, even about him sometimes.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 4:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i have one, it a pretty cool one i got at books a milion, called my dysfunctions, its got funny quotes and then a space for writing. i dont write everyday, just when i really need to get something out. i keep it in my nightstand and when my husband is home he doesnt touch it, its my private thing, and he knows most of the stuff in there i have shared anyway.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have one that I use during my Bible study times. As far as keeping DH out, I have never really tried. If he reads it he reads it. There is nothing that I hide from him and nothing in there will shame me in anyway.
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 3:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Iv'e always kept a journal for as long as i can remember i have had one..i was faithful in writting in it everyday when i was younger..i think once i turned 20-22 i started only writting every now n then..when i had alot on my mind..or dealing with whatever was coming my way...lol Now i write every now n then too..my dh knows i have one and from time to time i do leave it in the bedroom..he doesn't cross that line of space with me..i always tell him those are my thoughts and if i wanted to share them i would..sometimes i write things about him..especially if he ticked me off that day..and im sure if he read them he would really think i don't like him..lol But alot of times i keep in in my closet under some clothes or even in the bathroom under the sink i have a spot where the kids don't see or he would ever think it was..i try not to make it tempting for him..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't keep one anymore, I did a few years back
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 8:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010