The Chilli miners...such a shame

Did anyone else notice that media failed to mention the the 700 Club sent Bibles to the trapped miners and shirts. And that a few of those mines came to Christ and accepted Him as their Lord and Savior. God forbid any good or positive news about Christians be made news worthy with our biast media. Such a shame! The Lord never turns His back on us, but man are we quick to deny Him and turn our back to Him!

mommywood13

Asked by mommywood13 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP I thought it was AWESOME but you know who controls the media right? :-)

Unbelief has a loud mouth but God is much greater than that loudmouth!
    Let me ask you a question to those that are against this.... what would your response be if it was the koran, and islam sayings on their shirts???? What about if it was pagan sayings or new age sayings and it went un noticed? What would your heart cry be?
    Yeah I thought so!

What those miners recieved was LIFE.... no one forced them, they CHOOOOOOOSSSEEEEEE it themselves.. yes it is called a CHOICE!!!! Oh but but but... no buts! It was their choice! Just like it is yours to walk in unbelief.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it's a shame that someone decided that trapped miners needed a religious lesson while they were dealing with being 2000 feet under the surface of the earth. I do not like evangelism. In this type of situation it seems more like exploitation to me. Pray for them, send money for supplies, awesome. Sending Bibles? Not awesome, in my opinion. Science shows that people in diar situations are emotionally vulnerable. They fall in love more easily, they bond strongly to the people they experience trauma with... sending Bibles down to scared men, to me, is exploiting a scary situation to increase the flock. Or for the 700 Club to gain publicity to increase donations.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• What a shame that the 700 club didn't get their so needed and desired attention. Those poor men were already scared to death.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Im glad I didnt hear that.

Its PATHETIC that christians would do that. They needed more important things in that mine like food and water and positive thoughts NOT a freakin' bible and preaching about coming to God or go to hell.

What a shame.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well, I wish I hadn't heard about it.. though, this is the first... the 700 Club is full of hateful trash. Plus what Amaranth and pnwmom said... honestly, these men needed more important things... if they wanted to come to God, they could have done it without something that, at that point, would have been meaningless.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it's a shame that a bunch of hateful Christians (and yes, the 700 Club is pretty nasty) decided to take advantage of people and force their religion down their throats. Many of those miners were Catholic, they've known Christ all their lives. It wasn't the 700 Club and their Bibles that helped them, most of those miners already believed. It was being faced with the thought of their own mortality that probably made them take another look at already-established beliefs in God and in Jesus Christ.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• They took advantage of their vulnerablity period.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• You do realize that according to their Census over 85% of Chileans are Christians right? So there's probably a good chance that these men were already Christians and just not "actively participating in their churches". So they would have "rediscovered their faith" rather than convertted or "newly acccepted Christ". Not to mention the idea that by just sending a few T-shirts and Bibles and these men had a "sudden" conversion is rather laughable. Try they were Christians, they were trapped in a mine for 2 months, and had a "renewal of faith" where they vowed if they made it out alive they would do XYZ because their emotional state was rather fragile not knowing if they were going to make it from one day to the next. But sure, let's give credit to the 700 club for the"conversions" because they sent t-shirts and bibles. *Pardon the eyeroll*
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well...while I think that is cool and all is it really news worthy? Absolutely not. What is the main focus for those people? I mean think about it? They were saved and alive for crying out loud. It is their personal choice what religion they want to choose but that is besides the point.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 7:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• What a waste!  It's a pity that so many trees had to die for something the miners DIDN'T need.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2010