What are some ways to bring Blood Pressure down naturally?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 1:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Health

• yoga! very good in every way (;
    butterfly1677

Answer by butterfly1677 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• During pregnancy eating a high-protein diet like the SPUN or Brewer Diet For Pregnancy helps a lot, along with moderate exercise (if your BP allows) and meditation. Usually it's pregnancy induced and will go away after the birth, but it is still a good idea to improve your lifestyle regardless.

Any other time a diet high in fruits and veggies, moderate exercise and meditation are great ways to reduce blood pressure.

Creeping BP is usually a sign of another health problem, like being obese, diabetes, or just a general lack of proper nutrition and exercise. Treating the cause and not the symptom is important. Do you ahve other health concerns?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My doctor recommended low dose aspirin for me. That's all I know of.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Up your potassium intake to combat your sodium intake. LOWER that sodium intake Drink plenty of fluids - but cut out and/or avoid any & all caffeine! Those are my own personal bests.
    Anonymous