'The Hobbit' Gets Its Greenlight! *Heck yes!!!* Who else is stoked?

"The Hobbit" has been greenlit and will start production in February, an individual close to the production has told TheWrap.

As TheWrap reported previously, Peter Jackson has agreed to direct the film in addition to producing and writing the two-part project.

In the agreement completed this week, Jackson's deal was finalized and MGM and Warner Brothers agreed to give the project its long-awaited greenlight.

The greenlight means that millions of global fans for the revered J.R.R. Tolkien property can look forward to a prequel to "The Lord of the Rings," which was one of the most successful movie franchises in movie history.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/wrap-hobbit-greenlight.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All I can say is that they better do a good job on it. I am a big fan of Tolkien.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• YES! I AM SO EXCITED! i first fell in love with tolkien in elementary school, i have his name tatooed in elfish on my hip! i was so stoked when lord of the rings came out and couldn't wait for the Hobbit, do you know when it will actually be released? i hope they don't leave anything out or change anything, like the end of lord of the rings, i was so mad they ended the movie different then the book! anyway, love it! CAN"T WAIT!!!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yipee! They did a great job on the movies for the trilogy - as well as they can ever do turning classic books into a film. If Peter Jackson is in charge, and they get the WETA Workshop involved, I'm thinking we'll have another favorite to add to the collection.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 3:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• They don't even start filming it until February 2011.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Totally! I'm so glad Peter Jackson is doing it. I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy and I just couldn't imagine anyone else behind the helm (The Hobbit).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010