Anyone have an opinion on the adhd medication Intuniv?

This medications is a non stimulant drug. My oldest which is 10 is on it. It has been a magical drug for him as he has done a 360 with virtually no side effects. But it looks like there is a chance that my 7 year old will also have to be medicated. I know without a doubt this will the only one I will let him go on Just wondering if anyone has other opinions about this medication..

carterclan02

Asked by carterclan02 at 2:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son is 13 and on Ituniv. He also takes Ritalin. So I cant tell which is doing the trick but he is doing very well
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My son who is 5 is also on medication for his ADHD and it's Adderrall bu7t he's just as active as if he's not on anything and he's in school but I had stopped giving it to him because when he first started on it a year ago I was inb heaven but now it seems like I'm closer to hell than I think and I'm trying to run away from my own child but God is there to help me out when it seems like there's no way up but down with not only him but a 25 year old Autistic niece I've had from a newborn because my sister chose drugs and alcohol over her child so God help me.
    mommys1luv

Answer by mommys1luv at 2:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I personally do agree with treating a child with drugs for adhd. I;ve seen the long term effects it had on two of my brothers. If you are going to use it I would get more than one drs opinion. If you can go without it I would see a naturopath and find some ways to change his diet around to see if that helps. Many parents have had a lot of success this way.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010