Do you think it is not a good time now? Having new baby and Seeing Aunt after 25 yrs

I just had a DD 2 weeks ago. About 1 week ago DH aunt came to visit. DH and aunt have not seen each other in 25 yrs. Since she has been here she has done things to help like cook, clean the kitchen/living room and also help some with DS who is 2. DH has been focusing on her most. Me and DH got into a bad fight and he kept mentioning that she came 2C him after 25yrs. He said alot of bad things to make me look like I havent done much while preggo. (clean,cook) They speak another language and only speak english when they talk with me, which isnt alot. I am so sad and not happy at all. Feeling left out. DH is not paying attention to DS, DD and me. I want some affection/attention. Wana spend time enjoying DD. I just do everything for DD while he spends time.
I feel like this was a bad time for her to come. DH isnt showing me and new baby any attention. Do you agree? Or am I being selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it is rather rude to speak another language in the presence of your SO (if SO does not understand said language). Especially so in a private situation, such as being in your home. I would ask that "Out of respect for me and my family, could you please speak English in front of myself and my children?" Possibly add if you feel as such, that you would like to learn and have your children learn as well but at a slow pace with interpretations.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I totally agree with truthteller about the language. And if you feel like he is ignoring you and the kids, talk to him, but remember he hasn't seen her in 25 years so he will want to spend a little extra time with her.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 4:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• As long as she is leaving at some point (preferably sooner than later), then don't get too upset with it all. It is definitely rude to speak in another language to each other when you don't understand, but again, if she is leaving soon, don't let it upset you too much. Otherwise (if she is staying for a while or moved back into town, etc.), I would say something so that you don't continue to have the added stress. Good luck !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would talk to him especially about the language thing. I used to get so annoyed when my ex and his mom would do that to me. I don't think it is right that you feel left out and all alone in your own home especially with 2 other adults around.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2010