why can't i just go to freakin S L E E P?!?!?!?

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired it's almost 3am my time and i can't sleep if life depended on it right now. my eyes feel like they'll pop out at any given moment, my body feels like it's gonna melt off the chair. yet every time i lay down it's the same thing..... did you know i have 84 squares on my ceiling, 5 flys ( make that 4) and two spiders.
did i mention I'M SOOOOOOO SLEEPY UGH

pinkrayn

Asked by pinkrayn at 3:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Foot rub.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Have you tried reading? I generally relax and drift off to sleep if I start reading when I can't sleep. I get insomnia a lot tho. My joke among friends is that I finally learned how to cure insomnia, I learned there is actually an off button to the computer :)
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Are you eating sugary snacks 2hrs before bed? If yes maybe its that. If NOT, then maybe you should try this. Turn off all lights, everything! If its too quiet turn on a fan. Sleep naked. Take a HOT shower & have some hot chocolate. If all that doesn't work. Pop some tylenol PMs & wait to knock out!! Oh and most importantly. Stop doing a replay of your day while you lay there. What's done is done. Like Pantera sings. Yesterday doont mean shit; cuz tomorrows the day you have to face. -good song btw. So just relax and think calm waterfalls. Try feeling like you're floating on a cloud over a night sky.
    nikki_radio_dj

Answer by nikki_radio_dj at 4:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Melatonin supplements! They aren't a sleeping pill or a sleep aid like benadryl ( that active ingredient in PM products) It also won't keep you asleep. It will help you mellow though. My son takes them. He will only sleep for two hours a night without it and then only because he literally drops from exhaustion an hour before sunrise.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If your insomnia has been happening for more than a week, see your doctor! your body needs to sleep, & lack of sleep can cause other problems down the road. I dont recommend drinking any chocolate before bedtime; chocolate acts as a stimulant. OTC sleep aids are fine for short term, but if you HAVE to take them to sleep, then you need to see a doctor.

Anxiety is a common reason people will suffer from bouts of insomnia. Has there been any recent issues on your life that would cause you anxiety? Please see your doctor if this continues. They have medications for short term use to help you sleep such as Ambien & Lunesta. Both medications retrain your bodies internal clock, & teach it to sleep normally again. If you prefer the natural route, then yes Melatonin is a good choice. Avoid eating 2 hrs before bedtime; especially sweets, caffiene, spicy foods, etc. I hope you can sleep soon!
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 5:29 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• unresolved or unrealized issues?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• none or all of the above, not sure, just know i can't sleep for anything and counting tiles on my ceiling didn't help, warm milk a no go, i even tried a lavander and camamile (sp) bath still nothing if you or anyone has a suggestion please let me know
    pinkrayn

Comment by pinkrayn (original poster) at 3:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• sounds like you have too much going on and need to make yourself relax
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 7:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Valerian is a good natural sleep aid that won't give you that "hangover" feeling the next morning like prescription sleeping pills (Ambien & Lunesta) will. I've taken Ambien and the valerian works much better IMO.

There are many good suggestions here, I hope one of them works and helps you get to sleep.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Sometimes it helps me to write down what is on my mind. It helps me "put it away" until another time. Just an idea..........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2010