Irregular Periods adult content

I have very irregular periods and have for a long time. I have been to doctor after doctor and they all tell me I am overweight, except for one that told me my uterus is deformed.
I want to have a baby but I am not sure how my deformed uterus will affect my chances of becoming pregnant or if I will be able to carry a baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem. I didn't work out I was about 20lbs over weight. I started walking almost every evening foR 35min @a fast pase. it took me 5mths to get from 165 to 143 just walking and eating small portions. Then a miracle happened. I started getting a period every month. & now I'm a mommie to. 11mth old and pregnant 7mths with #2. I doubt your uterus is deformed.
    nikki_radio_dj

Answer by nikki_radio_dj at 4:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Have you been tested for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? It's also known as PCOS. Has your Dr. tested you for Insulin Resistance? Insulin Resistance & PCOS usually go hand in hand, & IR will cause a woman to be overweight or obese. One of the main symptoms of PCOS & IR, is the absence of, and/or irregular periods. As for having a "deformed uterus", what diagnostic work was done in order for your Dr. to arrive at that diagnosis? Did he/she do a sonogram? No Dr. should make a claim about the shape of your uterus, without doing diagnostic testing first.

There is an excellent online site called Labtestsonline.org. In their drop down menu under "Conditions" you'll find Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, & Insulin resistance. Choose (click on) the conditions & it will explain what they are, plus what diagnostic work & blood tests are done to determine if you have either one. Good Luck!
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 5:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I was the same way, however i just didnt think it was a big deal to have irregular periods...i just thought some people were irregular & other people regular...so i didnt think that was stopping my from getting pregnant. what i did think was stopping me from getting pregnant was me being overweight. So, i started hitting the gym 3x a week & exchanged my greasy foods for salads, chicken, & sandwiches here & there and lost 100lbs. in a short period of time because i was so determined (6 months) & bam out of no where i got pregnant. i wasnt planning on it & didint even thing it was possible yet because i thought i had to be a much smaller size but apparently it was lol so im 61/2 months pregnant with my first healthy baby girl! :) keep a postiive attitude & things will happen. Hope this helps! **TaKe CaRe** :-)
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2010