breast feeding

i am using a friend puter for this problem i have and she told me not to worry but i am so not at easy yet. my hubbys aunt called dss on me why??? well my son is 1 1/2 yrs old and he still wants my boob well in my hubbys aunts mind i am teachering my son about sex now, how do you get sexs out of breast feeding? my son will point to my boob and ask for moo moo milk even when we are in a store, then i would take him in the restroom and feed him.. so do you think this is really teachering my son something like sex? when i am doing a motherhood BF? but the lady told me i should of stopped when he was 1 yrs old when my granny BF my dad intil he was 5 yrs old...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• Your fine. You feed him as long as you want to. Some say that two years old is the time to stop breastfeeding but its really up to you. Whatever you are comfortable doing is what you should do.
    Anonymous

• Don't let a word she says bother you. By nursing your son you are giving him the best nurtition and love for your child. Nothing sexual about it and if that is what your DH's aunt thinks then she's the one with the issues.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 11:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• there is so many wonderful benifits to extended breastfeeding. In fact the WHO(World Health Organization recomendation is to breastfeed till at least 24mo. Here is a link u should check out http://www.picosearch.com/cgi-bin/ts.pl and here is a group on cafemom that you should join http://www.cafemom.com/group/breastfeedingtoddlers
    I breastfeed my oldest till 18mo and my 2nd son till 2 1/2yrs
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my sister breastfed my niece until she was walking and talking she would eat at the table and get down and go to my sister and breastfeed, she was at least 4 i think when she finally stopped. in almost all other countries in the world, women breastfeed until 6 yr old and USA is the only country who tries to put restrictions on the most natural human thing to do as a mother.
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 12:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• breastfeeding & sex are nothing alike. the time to stop is when your son wishes to stop. even if a 1yr old did have the ability to understand anything about sex, he certainly couldn't link the bond & nourishment he gets from his mother to it. your hubby's aunt needs a good lesson on human nature & maybe even a good slap across the face for saying such bullshit.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• while i think you could be crazy for bfing that long (i am with the stop at 1 yr troop) i dont think bf-ing has anything to do with sex at all, quite teh opposite, it is knowing hte female form is for more than sex and serves a real purpose!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• That's just crazy. breastfeeding isn't sexual. If *you* are uncomfortable you can pump and put in sippy cup. But it doesnt' sound like you are so why change?
    Anonymous

• Did the lady from the state say it was bad? "cause that just sounds screwed up! Breastfeeding is natural and healthy.
    Anonymous

• No state or agency with the best interst of a child is going to tell you to quit breast feeding! It is healthy and natural and any other time they are pushing us to do so! She is a pervert and it is her issue not yours. I would tell her to shut the f&%$ up and mind her own damn business!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008