this is a lil embarassing: is anyone experiencing thick white discharge? adult content

I'm 7mths & last month dr said I had overgrowth of bActeria. She rx me pills. I've never taken them, there is no itching or burning but intercourse is uncomfortable. Like I'm dry. Can anyone help. I'm nervous to tell dr. I haven't taken the treatment. & I also don't want to danger newborn with pills that I possibly don't need.

nikki_radio_dj

Asked by nikki_radio_dj at 4:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should be taking your medication as described. The Dr. wouldnt give you medication if they thought it would hurt your baby. If you have a bacterial infection you need to clear it up before your baby is born, and before it gets worse. Not all vaginal infections present with burning or itching symptoms. Please do as your Dr says, & take your medication.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 5:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I would suggest you be honest with you doctor and tell them about what is going on. The thick discharge might be leukorrhea which is normal during pregnancy. I would still contact your ob to be on the safe side.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• ok i couldnt with my first child and still with baby number two i cant for the life of me take pre natals because how big and how sick they make me. so i talked to my doc and they said flinstone gummies and thats what i have been taking. i suggest be honest with your doctor and see if there is anything else you could do or take something you feel more safe taking. goodluck!
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yeah i agree , just be up front with your doctor, explain your fears. or just go buy over the counter yeast meds and see if that helps...they told me to get monistat ,,, sometimes u can have a yeast with no itching... and it very normal to have thick discharge... good luck with what ever you choose to do.....
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 6:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010