What items are you willing to pay more money for?

I've seen a lot of questions on here about expensive purses, clothes, shoes etc. I am willing to pay more for Liz Claiborne clothes because they are comfy, look nice and last. I will also spend money on perfume because I don't like the scent of cheap stuff. But I am not willing to pay a lot for purses, shoes, jeans, everyday clothes. How about you?

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 4:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• My son's shoes.

Most of our clothes are thrift/consignment/sale/hand me downs.
    Shoes for DH and I are new, but not designer.

Cars are new, but basic models.
    Appliances, electronics are varied. Depends on what it is.

LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 3:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I am willing to pay more for good athletic shoes. I wear my athletic shoes all day almost every day for health reasons, so I need good support and structure in a shoe. The cheapies at the discount stores don't make the cut for me.

That said, if I can find my good shoes on sale or clearance (and I have before), I'll buy them rather than pay full price. I'm not that stupid. ;)
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Toilet paper. The cheapest kinds just aren't soft enough. I know it all just gets flushed down the toilet, but I might as well be comfy, right?
    Athletic shoes. I agree... second hand stores are great for clothes and such, but used shoes just don't fit right. If you buy the good ones and buy them new, they tend to last you a lot longer (and for kids, you can still hand them down a time or two to younger siblings).
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 5:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I buy my clothes at Old Navy and the Gap for the most part. Occasionally VS when the sale is good. When I was prego I also went to Motherhood and Ross. I will/do buy my purses/sunglasses/accessories at Ross as well.

I WILL spend more money on techy things for myself, and my bath products. I only use either handmade stuff from Etsy or Victoria's Secret line. I also only buy VS perfume.

Makeup varies, but I usually buy Mary Kay or something from VS as well.

Home products are usually from Kohls or JCP, but I wait for big purchases during good promo codes. Like earlier today, saved over $120.00 bucks by having the right promo codes and sales =). So, while I buy good stuff, I get an amazing price for it.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I pay more for shoes and VS body lotion. I love shoes and the lotion makes my skin so silky :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I actually love to find bargains on shoes and purses. The things I pay the most money for are definitely bath products and perfume. I would also pay just about any amount of money for a pair of jeans that fit right, are truly flattering, and comfy.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 8:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'm willing to pay more for underwear. All of mine is from Victoria's Secret. The way they make them just makes me feel good when I have them on. To me it's like a hidden boost of confidence. Lol. Other than that my money goes towards bags. I really love my Juicy bags and Coach. I don't buy them a lot because they last me a really long time. I usually get a fall and then a spring purse. Most of my clothes and jewelry I get from H&M or Forever 21 who always have really good sales. None of their clothes are ever expensive. I go to Payless for shoes since my college dress code is business casual. It's the only place in the city where I can get reasonably priced heels that I can walk to school in each day.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 11:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I am wiling to a pay more for a lot of different things- makeup, candles, haircuts, shoes, household items, skin care. If I am going to pay money for it it should be worth it.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Shoes for me...I have learned in the past that if you pay a little more they tend to last longer and when my son was little that was when I really noticed the difference.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Native American crafts is what I don't mind paying more for. As far as clothing and so forth if I really want it I still would wait for a sale to buy it at a less expensive price
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2010