do they cut your scar tissue when having a second c-section?

Do they cut you in the same exact spot? and does it takelonger to heal if so, since they are cutting through the old scar tissue? Having my second daughter on Monday and was just wondering.

xtatianax

Asked by xtatianax at 6:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• In my case they did cut in the exact same spot and the recuperation was no different from the first c-section. Ask your Dr about it when you see him/her on Monday. It's never too late to ask a few questions. I wish you all the best with the new baby!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Congrats! I just had my second c-section. My doctor spent a half hour alone on just cutting out my scar tissue. She said it gave her a workout! They sewed me up using "new skin" is what she called it. My recovery time was considerably shorter this time. I was out of the hospital in 2 days and off pain meds in 5 days. Especially if your first c-section was emergency, the 2nd one will be easier. Just request they sew you up and not staple.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Most doctors won't cut on the same incision due to the scar tissue. They usually cut just under the scar. Just ask your dr. before hand. Best of Luck and Congrats!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 9:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I thought they cut the scar tissue off before they get the baby out. So not necessarily cut a new cut, or right over the old cut, but actually cutting the old scar tissue off. Not too sure though...I'm going for a VBAC so hopefully don't have to find out. Either way, hope the baby gets out safely. Good luck to you and your new daughter :) :) I still have a month to go :(
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My doctor cut in the same spot, removing the old scar tissue, and the 2nd incision healed up beautifully. You could barely see the scar.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes they cut it or depending on how bad it is they told me they'd remove it I just had my second one and they said I had virtually no scar tissue and it looked like it was my first so hopefully your first healed well too and was small good luck for Monday
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my 2nd c-sec they cut along the same scar as the first one it didnt take long and i bounced back faster than the 1st time case in point they say dont drive til 2 weeks after the birth i was driving after i got home from the hospital lol good luck on a safe and happy birth!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010