do you tell your family how much you love them daily?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 7:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I show them and I tell them. Life is too short, and there are too many variables that can happen to not take the time to say it. For example, in our family, we always give each other a kiss goodbye, or at least say goodbye, and say we love you. Heaven forbid, but if they were to get in a car accident and die, I don't want my last words to them to be "don't forget to mow the grass later" - I would rather it be "I love you".

It might sound morbid, but my dh deploys, and has, on several occasions, been in dangerous situations. I've faced and lived through a life threatening medical situation, and have had friends who have died or lost someone suddenly. I don't want regrets about my last minutes I had with them, kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I may not say it every single day, but I try to show it every day.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I tell my DH and two year old DD all day long that I love them, we're a pretty vocal family. I talk to my mom and grandma at least once a week (they live across the country), and we always make sure to say I love you. :)
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 7:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• in different ways, yes
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I tell my children DAILY that I love them....usually more than once. They also in turn tell me they love me at random times....it's important to feel loved.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes I do, I tell them and I show them on a daily basis.

Answer by older at 10:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes, I tell my family daily that I love them. You never know when it will be the last time. My bff was taken unexpectedly and my uncle passed this past Wed, he wasn't sick or anything! So it was a reminder to let others know how you feel!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I sure do. Even if I'm upset with them, I let them know how much I love and appreciate them.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010