I hate my manager at work should I quit?

I have worked at my job for almost three years. I have made it from just a part time bank teller to a supervisor. They moved me to another branch and at first I loved my manager there she was wonderful well I started to see little things about her personality like back stabbing and when she gets stressed she said really mean things. My self esteem has gone from Really really high to so low I dont know if I should be in my position. My breaking point was when my daughter got sick the other night when I tried to call in my manager started screaming at me telling me how Irresponsible I was. Mind you I have only called in twice in three yrs. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Money & Work

• i think i would report her and her band managerial skills to the higher ups :) sorry hun!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yes you have worked your way up dont let her blow it for you
    Anonymous

• Base on my experience, your manager is worried about HER job. By lowering your self-esteem, she thinks she increases hers. You could report her to her boss, but that could backfire on you. I've found the best strategy is to align yourself with her (I know it's hard). When you understand that she's trying to save herself, you might be able to change how you handle her. If you're a good employee your record will stand for itself. Be careful not to get caught up in her game. It's not worth sacrificing the last three years.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• She has only worked for the bank since March and its her first time. I have tried alighing with her she just gets worse and it makes me loose even more trust with her and I have lost almost all respect. I just know one minute she is good and the next she is a brat speaking in nice terms. She makes me so nervous I mess up on things I would never mess up on.
    Anonymous

• YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES MY neice comes first!
    dominick12306

Answer by dominick12306 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008