do you ever feel bad when you lose your cool with your kids? do you apologize?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 7:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have been known to lose my cool and I am not proud of that. When things have calmed down I try to explain why I acted the way I did. I do apologize if I was wrong, but try to point out how I got to that "crazy Mom" place. I have learned recently that if I step away and give both my dd and I a chance to calm we can than have a quiet conversation. As they get older it gets easier to reason with them and they can better understand where I am coming from.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• sometimes, but usually they are the one's pushing it to that point to begin with.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes, I do sometimes loose it. I definitely apologize. They need to know that I am not perfect and being able to apologize your yourself is something that we all need to be able to do.

Boys, especially need to learn that apolgies are important. TEACH Those boys!!! lol
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• yes and yes
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes I have and it meant a lot to the kids that I apologized
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• yes i do loose my temper and yes i apoligized

i also let her know exsactly hhow i feel and that i lost my temper and that i am very sorry
    i lett her know how i feel so when she is mad she can let me know how hse feels
    this way we can talk and let each other know how we feel befor we loose our temper
    Anna Bananerz W.

Answer by Anna Bananerz W. at 9:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If I lose my temper I do apologize. I'm not always right just because I'm the mom. I hope that they are learning that no one is perfect, and that if you make a mistake you should take ownership for it and apologize.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I always apologize if I lose my temper.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes I do and having the parent apologize to the child sets the example for them. They know we aren't perfect......apologizing when we are wrong lets them know WE know we aren't perfect!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Depends on why I lose my cool with them if I do apologize. If I'm just overly stress and fuss at them for nothing yes I do apologize. But if they do something wrong and or disrespectful they they know better of no I don't apologize
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 11:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2010