what are easy meals to make that I can feed my daughter when I come home from the hospital?

Its just going to be me, my 2yr old daughter and a newborn....I dont want to have to cook a bunch of meals everyday as im sure after having my second c-section and having to take care of myself as well as both of them is going to be tiring enough, so whats a couple meals i can make alot of that are easy and can be froze then re-heated when needed?

xtatianax

Asked by xtatianax at 7:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• 1st suggestion: Have Dad cook for awhile (assuming he's in the picture). Men are totally capable of being the domestics as women are.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No he's not right now, he wont be home for a few more months. so it will literally just be me and my 2 girls.
    xtatianax

Comment by xtatianax (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• chili, lasagna, chicken fried rice, a few tv dinners just for the sake of having them, waffles, sandwich fixings
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• then i'd suggest easy things that aren't much of a strain on you. Chicken nuggets, burgers, frozen things you can microwave...at least for now while your getting better.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'd also suggest making a few home-made frozen dinners prior to going to the hospital. Quiche freezes really well (freeze un-baked) and my kids suck that down (what's not to love? eggs, cheese and pie crust! sneak in a veg or two and you've got a full meal) and that's something you can throw into the oven and be done. Beef stew also freezes really well and microwaves back to life easily. I second the lasagna and a spaghetti dinner isn't too taxing if you use meat sauce and a bagged salad. Frozen pizzas aren't that bad once in a while, either.

Plan a menu for yourself before heading into the hospital so that you won't have to think about anything when you get back - try for 2 week's worth. Make sure you've got plenty on hand in terms of snacks, fruit, bread, crackers and easy stuff to grab when you or your daughter are feeling hungry. Use convenience products!! You're allowed!!! Good Luck!!!!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I agree with Dr. Donna. Make up several meals that you can freeze and then throw in the oven to warm up. I often make up single servings of meals like spaghetti, lasagnas, chicken casseroles for days where we're all hungry at different times. Also keep lots of quick items on hand to snack on or throw together for a full meal.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:00 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Stock up on a lot of finger food type things - carrot sticks, fruit cubes, cheese blocks or cubes, yogurt, grapes - things you might normally think of as snacks, but as long as their healthy, you can combine 3 or 4 of them to make a balanced meal you can throw together in a minute. She'll probably get a kick out of it, too. You don't have to have a heavy meat and starch for it to be a meal or even for it to be filling.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010