Do clothes need the AC in florida?

I'm tired of the kids pulling out all the clothes everytime they go to get something to wear. They change often, mostly just because and everytime they do this every last stitch of clothing is thrown on the floor. Even the clothes in the closets, baskets and dryer are unsafe, all thrown from one end of the house to the other and sometimes out doors. I can't be doing 15 loads of wash a day.

After trying everything know to men to get them to stop I know need to try something drastic. I would like to put a lock on the laundry room door preventing them from getting into there and the garage as well.

I want to put the dressers in the garage but I'm wondering if it is safe to do that to the clothes. I live in Florida and there is no air conditioning in the garage. Does anyone know if this could hurt the clothes? I'm wondering if the heat and humity could cause midew on clean clothes.

Thanks for any thoughs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• What about setting limits and enforcing them?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Hi I am a mom of three girl's and I now alot of Cloth's being thrown on the floor and everywhere else. We have a Rule in my house? If you leave your cloth's on the floor , you wash your own cloth's and everyone else's for one week.. That Stopped that Problem Fast.. Good Luck....
    judybronxmom68

Answer by judybronxmom68 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes I am with tootoobusy on this. I would tell the they are not allowed to wear but one set of cloths a day. If they change and make a mess, they change back and clean up their mess. At least that is what I would do.

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• how old are you kids? they shouldn't need to change thier clothes that much, one set a day is more than enough....you need to set rules and enforce them, not lock up the clothes that just creates more problems down the road..
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Answered in the OTHER post!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2010