I have endometriosis!

I went in for my tubal ligation and found out that I have endometriosis. The worst part is the treatment for it should be used while breastfeeding and I really wanted to continue breastfeeding my son. I dont know what to do, I am sooo sad!!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have had it and had surgery. My cousin had it really badly, but since they were TTC (the endometriosis was part of the problem) they were able to to a procedure while she was awake and they went in and basically zapped it all out. No side effects, nothing. Check into that. I wouldn't take any meds for it.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Can you hold off on the treatment until you are close to being finished with BFing? It might be worth discussing, because it sounds like BFing is important to you (understandable!) and this treatment can be held off, at least in my experience (I, too, have endometriosis).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes,get it taken care of. It is a pre cancerous condition!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2010