What kid of music should a 4 year old girl listen to?

so my daughter loves to listen to music!!! Im just not to sure what she should be listening to?? she likes justin beiber. that dosent sound too bad..but for her age is it ok for her to be listening to it???..should she still be listening to wheels on the bus and hole in my bucket???
I just would like to get some oppinions on this Q.....sorry my spelling is bad

Anna Bananerz W

Asked by Anna Bananerz W at 8:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just try to expose her to a variety of stuff, so she knows that there's other music out there. Maybe 4-year-olds _are_ Justin Bieber's target audience.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My 4 yr old DD is a huge Bieber fan. She also loves Hannah Montana and Selena Gomez. I bought her a Kidz Bop CD because she likes pop music but some of the lyrics are questionable on the radio. Her Daddy made her a mix CD before he left for Iraq and told her to listen to it whenever she misses him.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 8:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think kids of all ages have the "Beiber Fever", maybe try some kidz pop, or some disney soundtracks.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• SWasson she also still loves mozart but justin beiber is her fav. she like freaks when she hears a beiber song come on hahahah

tonbookluvr i totaly forgot about the Kidz bop CDs. i agree with the lyrics on the radio exspecaly when she knows katty perrys songs and kesha songs and she sings them...ok no more radio. the mix CD from her dad is a sweet thing to do. hope her daddy makes it home to make her another cd!!!

thanks for you answers
    Anna Bananerz W.

Comment by Anna Bananerz W. (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My son grew up listening to the same music I did. I never played "kiddie" music because I didn't want to hear it and I think it talks (sings) down to kids. I think he had a better appreciation of music for it. He would listen to just about anything but he really liked 80s hair bands. =-)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• skittles1108 disney soundtracks is a great idea. she is singing songs from the nightmare befor christmas and she loves princesses
    thanx
    Anna Bananerz W.

Comment by Anna Bananerz W. (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• spirtedwitch ya i like 80-90 punk music..she dosent like it to much but she dose like jimi and elvis but beiber is still best
    thanx
    Anna Bananerz W.

Comment by Anna Bananerz W. (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I honestly don't censor my music too much around my 4 year old daughter. So she gets exposed to everything from Mozart to Bob Marley to Johnny Cash to No doubt.... I'll just put my Ipod on shuffle and go with it. I will skip over it if there's a LOT of cussing or sexual content, but for the most part, I don't worry too much about it. Some of her favorites, that she'll sing along with, never fails, are Queen, Bob Marley, and All American Rejects. She'll also sit in awe if I put on Fantasia for her. I think it's just a matter of personal choice and feelings from parent to parent.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My 4yo loves Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Pat Benetar, Taylor Swift, Pink...just about anything.  We don't censor our kids when they listen to music.  In fact the only kind of music they don't listen to is "kiddie" music because we don't have any.  If it's on Rock Band or Guitar Hero she probably know the words to it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• you don't have to do the kidzbop. you can get Now, they are still radio edited songs that are appropriate for kids, but it's the actual singers vs kids singing the songs that are popular.

I let my dd listen to the radio all the time. She tells me what she likes and what she doesn't. There are a few songs I will skim over if they come on, because I don't feel she should listen to them, like eminem's song with Rhianna. (a little too violent). Or songs that are TOO sexually graphic. But otherwise I don't see a problem.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010