I am having problems getting my kids to bed

My kids dont want to go to bed.. it;s about 11:00 and they still wont go to bed

Natasha2505

Asked by Natasha2505 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put them in their beds and don't let them out of their rooms no matter who much they cry or throw a tantrum. They eventually give up and go to sleep. Keep doing this until they get used to it. When I was a kid, we had to be in bed at 9pm and there were no ifs or buts about it. Make sure you stand in the hall way to make sure they don't come out of the room
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Get a routine. I have a 3 and 2 yr old girls I try to get to bed by 8p. Dinner, bath, movies/or books then bed. I have to put them into bed, and for my 2 yr I have to place her back in bed a couple of times before she falls asleep, and my 3 yr old needs some stern "Go to bed" before she stays. Be consistent, constant, and follow thru
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2008