Why does it work?

Is CafeMom so popular because:
We are moms and we like to be of help.
We need to feel valuable and helpful.
We need to feel accomplishment.
We are vengeful B _______ and like to say mean awful things.
It is a good alternative to mindless games.
We can get great information from a fantastic group of WOMEN without being judged.
What do you think?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It works for me because I like to be helpful to others and I would like to think that others may value my true opinions/comments. I also like the fact that I feel supported even though I know none of you on a personal level. It's nice to be heard for a change without someone passing judgement on you for just how you look, or where you live, the car you drive, etc.. like all those things make up the person you are. CafeMom fell into my lap for a reason, I believe. My son has just been deployed, first time, and I was really struggling with it with worry and had been praying about it-I don't believe in coincidences and felt like it was part of the plan that I saw this particular site at that moment...I thank you all for the support you have shown me and the kind words of encouragement and I hope I have been able to help others.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 12:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it's a combination of all of the above!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It has been popular for years. It did start out as a great palce to get help. then some mean people got on here and it took off from there. But I love to get help with things in group.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I really love cafemom because you can talk to some really nice moms. However, I do not like the mean ladies. I know ladies are saying skip it or do not ask a question if you can not handle it. The real question is, why be mean? Oh well.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I like being able to answer questions, have mine answered, wander around through my groups...
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I say all of the above
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• all of the above - I also have two great IRL friends that I first met on here. In fact, we are planning a trip next year, just us, no kids, no husbands.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 12:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• YES
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think all of the above (minus the vengeful part)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010