3 month old with cough

My 3 month old daughter has had a cough for the past week and a half and as the days have gone by the cough has gotten worse. Its not a dry cough but more of a wet mucousy one and about 10 minutes ago she woke up coughing so hard that it made her projectile vomit. And yesterday she was coughing so hard that it seemed like she couldnt catch her breath. Should I wait to call her Dr. about it until tomorrow or should I bring her in to the ER? Any advice would be wonderful.

Alicia906

Asked by Alicia906 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At that age, coughing that seriously, I would take my baby to the ER.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Sounds like what my daughter was having. My daughter is around the same age as yours and it turns out she has a sinus infection. She had a runny nose and had a wet cough. I would just wait and get her into her Dr tomorrow so she can be checked out. My dr told me to keep my daughter propped up while she sleeps (in a car seat or something) and to use some saline drops to keep her nose clear. If your daughter sounds congested try running a hot shower and standing in the bathroom with her to loosen up that congestion it will really help her breathing. Good luck and I hope your little one feels better soon.
    HeartsNRoses

Answer by HeartsNRoses at 11:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree with the mom above. Keep us updated please. Hugs & Prayers!!
    MrsBLB

Answer by MrsBLB at 12:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Bring her to the doctor it's possible for her to have RSV.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008