my daughter is turning 1 tomorrow! yay! what are some ideas for entertainment at her party next week?

I'm having a party for her at a hall and there's going to be about 50 people there. Everyone coming is real close family and friends so I'm having trouble coming up with the entertainment. Any suggestions?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are you talking about entertainment for the adults? Generally, adults at a party can simply mingle. Have some food and beverages (juice boxes and water bottles count!), and they will amuse themselves. For the kids, bubbles at that age are FASCINATING. You can also get some inflatable beach balls for the kids to play with. How old are the kids attending? That makes a difference. You can make the favors toys they can play with there, then take home.
    For our son's birthday parties, we've had a mix of people with kids and people without, and it's always been fine. Adults generally don't need anything to do, just something to eat and drink and adult conversation.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't go too all out for her one year birthday. I attempted this when my daughter turned 1 and it was a dud. She's turning 4 next month, so we might try something then. Have some friends over to enjoy her birthday. There are some awesome toys from Baby Einstein that are fun. LeapFrog toys are also fun.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• hmmm.. this is confusing me.. you said you are having it at a hall.. she is turning one.. is there more to this hall? did you pick it for the location or for the room, etc? she is 1 so she wont remember too much of the day... though you want her to have fun,... and its really simple to entertain children that age. I would suggest getting bubbles... (machines to make LOTS of bubbles...) balloons.. balls.. etc.. we had my daughters 1st at a gymnastics place.. they had plenty of room to run and play. a foam pit for her to jump in.. bouncy balls.. and we brought bubbles and more toys.. but i wouldnt do it again bc it was too expensive for her not to remember.. i would do it at the house or park.. and she will have just as much fun. until she is old enough to remember the parties (or even old enough to ask to have it a certain place)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010