Domain ownership question?

I have blog thats raking great on Googles front page. Ive had this blog for quite sometime but I dont always work it...anyways its ranks are exploding, so I decided to buy the Domain name and set up a landing page for an ebook..to my surprise I discovered that a company(NameKing.com,Inc.) in California has purchased my domain. It doesnt show up on Google. What shows up is my blog information and post. So my question is...how do I get my domain from this company?

lacyjones

Asked by lacyjones at 10:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can contact the company directly, but I will warn you that once a company like that purchases a domain you will probably pay out the nose to get it from them. Instead, I would try to register a .net instead of a .com and see if you can do it that way. My domain expired and before I could renew it another company purchased it. They wanted more than I would pay for 70 year for the domain renewals so I opted for going with a .net.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• what is your blog?
    mommareynolds09

Answer by mommareynolds09 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Basically what scout mom said. You can still keep a .com if you play around with the name. If there are numbers in the name either spell them out or put it as a numeral. I have a website and my first pick was also bought my another company. They wanted $1000. So instead of www.allthingschildren.com, I used www.all-things-children.com

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2010